Q. How can I become a police officer for the City of Leeds?
A. All employment opportunities are handled through the Jefferson County Personnel Board.
1. A qualifying person registers with the Personnel Board. Click here to begin the registration
2. The person is tested and ranked according to their score.
3. Leeds will request a list of applicants, from the Personnel Board, when an opening develops.
4. Leeds will Pre-test all applicants for possible Academy attendance.
5. Upon successful completion of the Pre-test, and after an interview, polygraph exam, and
a psychological exam the candidate we believe would be best for the Citizens of Leeds would
be given the opportunity to attend the Alabama Police Academy.